Latest News and Updates From UBA
- Compliance Recap | February 2023February saw the start of Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting for health coverage provided in 2022. The ACA reporting deadlines range from February 28 to March 31, 2023, and the state deadlines range from January 31,2023 to April 30, 2023.
- Compliance Recap | January 20232023 began quietly as the dust settles around open enrollment and the plan changes that can come with it.
- Compliance Recap | December 2022Stay one step ahead with an easy-to-understand summary of December legislation highlights.
- Compliance Recap | November 2022In November, the IRS released revised guidance to address the so-called "family glitch," permitting employers to allow mid-year election changes when someone related to a plan participant is eligible to elect a qualified health plan on the Marketplace. This is also a good opportunity to review all of the change in status events that allow […]
- Compliance Recap | October 2022Each year, just as the leaves turn to the fiery shades of autumn, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announces how much more “green” will be available during the coming year under various employee benefit programs.
- Compliance Recap | September 2022September was a relatively quiet month in the compliance space as employers continue the ramp-up to open enrollment.
- Compliance Recap | August 2022August was a busy month, with employers buzzing about transparency, reporting, and more. As we wrap up the summer season of the 2022 benefits compliance calendar, be mindful of these important issues.
- Compliance Recap | June/July 2022The summer has seen a flurry of compliance-related activity, most notably the landmark decision issued by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade. As we move into the second half of the 2022 employee benefits compliance calendar, there are a number of important issues to note.
- Compliance Recap | May 2022The month of May again brought relatively little major employee benefit compliance guidance from federal agencies. However, there was plenty of activity in the courts to provide useful insight into steps employer plan sponsors can take to safeguard against benefits litigation.
- Compliance Recap | April 2022After several very quiet months this year, April saw renewed compliance activity. The IRS provided guidance on transportation fringe benefits unused due to COVID-19 workplace changes and announced inflation-adjusted amounts for HSAs and HRAs. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced Medicare Part D rates and the parameters and thresholds for qualified retiree […]
Interested in hearing more? Give us a call or send a message to see how we can help